Based on assets, revenue and coverage, Citibank is the oldest and largest foreign commercial bank operating in the Philippines, and is placed among the top 10 banks in the country. The bank has been operational in the Philippines since as far back as July 1902 when the International Banking Corporation (which later became Citibank) opened a branch in Manila.
The services offered by Citibank include corporate and investment banking, consumer banking, transactional banking, as well as treasury and trade services.
In terms of Citibank personal banking, here are some of the most helpful pieces of information.
Citibank Philippines Online
You can monitor your account and perform transactions, anywhere and at any time. Customers can access the Citibank Online service even more conveniently via the Citi mobile app available for Android and iOS, which it promises greater flexibility.
Enrolling for Citibank Online
Bank customers with existing checking or savings accounts can use their debit card details to sign up, while credit card customers can use their card details. Along with filling in personal information, you’ll need to create a suitable username and password.
Possible issues in creating a username and password
You may run into some issues in the process of registering a username and password for Citibank Online banking if:
- You enter a wrong card number or PIN
- You enter an account number not associated with the card number
- Your card or account is not active
- The username you’re choosing is already taken by another user
- The username or password don’t meet up with the laid out rules
- Your records are not updated in the bank’s system
What can you do with Citibank Online?
With Citibank Online, you can:
- Manage account details: Once you login to Citibank Online, you can monitor and manage your accounts 24/7, all in one place. You can view your transaction details over the past three months to help you analyse your personal finances.
- Pay bills: Skip the queues and pay your bills online. Charge them to your credit card or directly to your account.
- Transfer funds: real-time local and international funds transfers are possible without visiting the bank. Once you register and activate your payees with the Online Activation Code (OAC) sent to your mobile number by SMS, you can transfer funds between your accounts, to another Citibank account, to another local Philippines bank, or to a bank account abroad.
- View global accounts: If you have other Citibank accounts abroad, you can also view them on Citibank Online, along with your Philippines account.
- Order checkbooks: You can order a personalized checkbook online to be delivered to your mailing address within 1-2 weeks. Checkbook fees (PHP300/USD10 per book) apply.
- Open new accounts: You can make the request to open an account on Citibank Online. Bank representatives will give you a call to follow up the request.
- Nickname your accounts: Label your accounts as you like to distinguish them from one another.
- Update your contact details.
- Change ATM PINs without going to a branch or ATM.
To reach Citibank for Citiphone Banking, you may call the following Citibank hotlines:
- Metro Manila: 8995 9999
- Metro Cebu: 234 9999
- Other Provinces: 02 8995 9999
- From Abroad: +63 2 8995 9999
The Citigold Wealth Management Hotlines to help you learn more about offers, services and financial products, arrange a free financial check-up, or open a Citigold account are:
- Metro Manila: 8995 9888
- Metro Cebu: 234 9888
- From Abroad: +63 2 8995 9999
Types of Accounts at Citibank
Citibank offers several deposit products that you can choose from, all with various purposes and benefits, including:
- Citibank Peso Everyday Banking Account: Enjoy free and unlimited withdrawals from ATMs nationwide.
- Citibank Dollar Everyday Banking account: Withdraw or deposit checks in US dollars.
- Citibank Peso Bonus Saver: Build up your savings beginning at PHP 50,000, with up to 2.04% gross interest per annum.
- Citibank Peso High Rate Saver: Enjoy a generous interest rate without locking up your funds in fixed deposit.
- Citibank e-Savings: Earn high interest rates and bank at your convenience with Citibank Online.
- Citibank Dollar Saver: Save your US dollars at an attractive interest rate.
Citibank Foreign Currency Account:
Transact conveniently in seven different currencies.
Citibank Time Deposits:
Earn a high fixed interest rate on peso, dollar or euro savings for a term of your choosing.
To open a Citi deposit or investment account, you can complete the online form and the bank will contact you at a suitable time to complete the process.
CITIBANK CREDIT CARDS
Citibank offers eight credit cards with juicy welcome offers and some annual fee waivers.
- Citi Grab Card
- Citi PremierMiles MasterCard
- Citi Rewards MasterCard
- Citi Cash Back MasterCard
- Citi Simplicity+ MasterCard
- Citi Prestige MasterCard
- Mercury Drug Citi Card
- Shell Citi Card
How to Apply for a Citibank Credit Card
You are eligible for a Citibank credit card if you are up to 21 and have an annual income of at least PHP 180,000 a year for existing credit card users or PHP 250,000 for applicants with no credit card. You don’t have to have a deposit account with Citibank to apply.
After answering a series of questions online, you’ll be required to fill in your personal information.
If you already have another Citibank credit card, all you’ll need is government-issued ID. Non-cardholders, in addition to the ID, will need a:
- proof of income (like a payslip or ITR),
- bank statement of payroll account to show one-month salary
- signed certificate of employment
How to Redeem Citibank Credit Card Reward Points
Citibank provides a generous credit card reward points system for you to take advantage of. Here’s how to ensure that your points don’t go to waste:
- After you transact with your Citi credit card, you’ll get an SMS with a link to redeem points or miles.
- Click on the link and choose how many points or miles you wish to redeem.
- After confirming point redemption, a statement credit will show in your next statement of account.
Each Citi credit card has its own unique perks and privileges. Nonetheless, here are four impressive ones consider to be some of the best Citibank credit cards:
This is most likely the simplest credit card you’ll find anywhere. With this credit card, you can enjoy a permanent annual fee waiver. There are also no late or over-limit fees, and so we can say that this is a credit card that is completely free to own. In fact, instead of a fee, there is an incentive to encourage you to pay the minimum due on time. When you pay at least the minimum due on or before the due date, you get 10% back on interest charges.
Citi Prestige MasterCard
The top-class benefits on the Prestige Card Make it the best card for businesspeople, especially those that have to travel a lot. Enjoy VIP airport assistance and lounge services, as well as complimentary concierge services.
Mercury Drug Citi Card
If you spend a lot on health and wellness, this is a card to give you benefits for all your spending at Mercury Drug, as well as at clinics, hospitals, spas, gyms, and salons. You also get access once a year to a 24/7 ambulance service worth PHP 10,000 within Metro Manila.
Shell Citi Card
If you own a car, you’ll surely appreciate 5% rebates on fuel purchases, toll fees and auto repairs, as well as access to 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
Citibank Credit Card Promos
There are several credit card promotions for you to take part in as a Citi credit cardholder. These promos are frequently updated, but fall into the following broad categories: